Thursday, April 8, 2010

You have 1 new message...

It's weird that for the next several days, this process is out of our hands (and uterus) and in a petri dish. We will get a couple updates via voice mail message from the embryologist on the progress of our litter of embryos. So my day today was spent dialing up the voice mail box every 30 minutes (even though they told us they would leave messages at the same time each day) in hopes of hearing the mechanical female voice say those 5 little words, "you have one new message".

I finally got to hear those words around noon...WooHoo. But I was still nervous as I pressed "1" to play. The message was short and sweet. They simply said that of our 14 eggs retrieved, 11 were mature enough to be inseminated. Of those 11 inseminated, 6 fertilized. From what they told us, on average about half of the eggs inseminated end up fertilizing. So I guess were still riding the average....I'll take average.

We get one more message tomorrow with the progress of the Sanspree 6. I hope those little guys divide their cells like it's nobody's business tonight!

This is what they probably look like right now.

More tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Picture looks exactly like my first home pregnacy result way back in 1978. Got to be a good sign. How soon to they implant? Call if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete