Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo

It's day two of the mandatory best rest post embryo transfer and I'm feeling like a slug. It seems silly to complain about some making you lie around all day and I'm trying my best not to complain. But when you feel perfectly fine, laying here seems like overkill. But, hey, I'm down for the cause.

However, as I lay here in my wonderful tempurpedic bed that we spent an insane amount of money on last year (and I'm really appreciating that we did right now), I can't get a particular image out of my head. I'm beginning to feel like one of Charlie's bedridden grandparents in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Any minute now I'm expecting Brandon to burst through the door and dance around the bed singing, "I've got a golden ticket, I've got a golden ticket...". I've got my camera handy, just in case.


Once again, I'm acutely aware of every twinge, cramp and gas bubble in my abdomen. I can't help but wonder what the 3 little squirts are doing in there. Hopefully one has decided to take up residence. I'm doing all I can by enduring the nightly shots that are supposed to be making the space more plush and inviting...shag carpet anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine what you must be going through. Each hour must seen like a day..each day, forever. Remember the power of prayer. I know how compliant you have been and I feel very sure you and Brandon will be rewarded. We love you both.

    mama bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how hard this waiting has been. An hour must seem like a day..a day forever. I know how compliment you have been..I firmly believe you and Brandon will be rewarded. And you know the power of prayer works wonders. We love you and Brandon...

    mama bear.

    ReplyDelete